Going into the Common Data View Tools dialog and selecting Data Owner = $UserID which outputs the Row variable as:
<xsl:variable name="Rows" select="/dsQueryResponse/Labs/Rows/Row[@Data_x0020_Owner = $UserID]"/>
I've also tried to enter it manually and strip out all the html markup from the person/group column.
<xsl:variable name="Rows" select="/dsQueryResponse/Labs/Rows/Row[substring-before(substring-after(@Data_x0020_Owner, 'ID='), '"') = $UserID]"/>
As soon as I apply either of these, the data view returns no data when it's saved and refreshed. Even a basic ascending sort on one of the columns that is being output in the data view does not sort at all. Most of this is evident in several of the other forums and blog posts I'm seeing. It's fine if you only need to display information but as soon as you need to do any sorting and filtering, it doesn't work right.
I've seen the suggested fixes
about removing junk code it will output and as far as I can tell, I've removed it all.