We have two sites set up:
1) "Home". This is a main page with announcements, events calendar, useful links, documents, etc. Website = /CommunityTest/default.aspx
2) "Insight Blog". This is a blog page with topics, posts, archived posts, etc. Webiste = /CommunityTest/InsightBlog/default.aspx
There are tabs at the top of the page with both of the sites.
On the "Insight Blog" page, we've been able to create a Web Part that displays the most current blog. This was easy enough by setting the View to <Current View>.
In order to entice people to go to the Blog, we would like to have this most current post on the "Home" page as well. Since this main page is not a blog page, I'm finding it difficult to get just the post into a Web Part. I've tried several web pages as a Link for the Web Part:
1) /spn/CommunityTest/InsightsBlog/default.aspx. This shows the whole site.
2) /spn/CommunityTest/InsightsBlog/Lists/Posts. This shows all posts.
3) /spn/CommunityTest/InsightsBlog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=13. This shows the post, but the whole site of the post.
Essentially, I would like this web part to look just like the Web Part on the "Insight Blog" page.
Any ideas on how to do that?